Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Poems by Nicola Fortune

It's Only You

I curl up and sleep on your grave
Soak up the self pollution that I've made
I cry myself to dream, if only you could have seen
What it was, that it was all meant to mean.

Your home is now my home for keeps
It's the only place my soul has any peace
Mine in full is printed there under your name
I decided i would try and join in the game
Only you could have known it would all end in such shame.

It's a wasted participation, amongst all these altercations
You should just own up and say you ruined the only creation.
My comfort is only in his space now
I turn and say 'it's only you, i solemnly vow.'

I'll curl up and sleep on his grave
Cry myself to dream, so bruised and betrayed
My teary dreams kick in and i slowly fade
Curled up on his grave is where Ive stayed.
My comfort is only in his space now
I turn and say 'It's only you i solely vow'
It's only you that i need now.

Tool

The aluminous green moths that swirl around my head
Or in my mind?
Without being told my shivering hand reaches to grab them
The pain of realising that I'm too far down
That their too far up
Like heaven, just out of my grasp.
Floating in my head, why green?
Why purple? Why orange?
Why the smoke?
When it's already hot enough.
Have to get liquid
So i get three, one for me
Then Paul, is that three?
Refreshing, it's refreshing me.
Noticing the rest think I don't fit this world
But I'll do and say as i please today.
A tattooed smile on my face
Wired to it all
Swaying back and forth
Honestly confused. Why Lakers?
How many faces in that picture?
A thousand eyes staring back at me
Without judgment.
I'm laughing...
So they easily approve of my temperment.
We were soilders, waiting
Just for a yellow BLX
Surrounded by people i recognise, but nobody i know
It will all be good, drop another purple one
Or red? Why red?
Why not blue and white like it was
Wired to the dangly-angly side on the moon
Don't think i'll be down anytime soon.

A tiny black rabbitt pushes by me - Alice?
Then a cat called Dick
Welcome to my party for a shiny green trick
So close to tears Maynard
When I hear that panting
Aemina is now waiting for me
Aemina is here for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment