Saturday, January 15, 2011

Poems by Kevin Kavanagh

SOMETHING SHARED

Silently screaming at the walls,within which we are bound.
Nobody makes me feel like you do.
I've lived here for too long,dragging my heels in the hope of something,anything.

Yet blind abandon prevails,and the walls cave in a little more.

And it races through my mind,slipping between my heart and my tongue in an instant.
Never to pass my lips. Nobody makes me feel like I do.



THE SNOW

All day,I manned the window.
The hills ascend,to a whiteness
A new coat of paint,fickle
and temporary.

How a child must marvel,
in the simplest of abnormalities.
Snowmen assemble,garden by garden
as if to defend their whitened lawns.

Face to face,in a terrible place.
Soon to bring their doom.
When the sun comes out,destroys the white,
and light again will flood my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment