Friday, February 18, 2011

Poems by Nicola Fortune

Thoughts 

I want the choice to decide
Not only by your words must i abide
I regret but am happy to tell you
I live for me and what i do.

Whispering in an ear you shouldn't
 Living deadly dreams knowing you couldn't
With foolish eyes that led you on
To defeat the purpose of that song.

I tell you i quit to have hope,
Release this, to have ability to cope.

I wish I hadn't heard the voice that spoke
Wrap your words around my neck
Learn to efficiently choke.
Grievances of a past scar you know is there
Guilt of a past love you know wasn't fair
I no longer know what I'm trying to say
So I'll leave it for today...

I'll leave it for you to ponder this way.



Heaven At My Feet

Heaven is so far away
And I'm loosing my will to stay young
The story She told me would, has begun
And as the wind blows, it sings the song i gave to the sun.

Heaven is so far away
And I've no morality left to defend
Because of that, do you except the only gift i send?
Promising to perfect it infinitely before it's end.

Heaven is so far away
Yet here I am standing with my Heaven at my feet
Hearing a voice softly telling me
'' I've kept you a seat''
Come sit along side me, feel relief
Smile at defeating defeat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment