Thursday, February 3, 2011

Poems by Shane Hurley

Letter to Home


You will never understand the shallow thoughts I dismiss.
Your way into heaven will never bring upon you bliss.
You can march up the stairwell 'til your whole body is sore.
See the world there not accepting your angels anymore.


I took a walk towards the city last night,
In my damp and sweaty clothes, as high as a kite.
The buzz off the students once excitement in the air,
Reminded me how much, these days, I don't care.

So now I'm back in the world where the first is the last,
And finally release all that shit from your past.
I've seen a man disappear and a nurse loose her mind,
I'm just about at the end of being patient and kind.

Paying for a lie by living by your side,
Drown me when the tide comes in.
Paying for a lie the old persona died,
It's too late now but I still cry sometimes.

Feeling so sick now, 
Have to give up sometime,
Thought I saw an angel,
But she was just in my mind.




Substitute For Love

Incapable of love,
Unable to love,
Long to love and be loved,
Substitutes don't exist.

Not suited to drink,
Not suited to eat,
Not suited to drugs,
But I am addicted to all of them.

Always wondering and searching,
For something that can't be found,
It flaunts its stuff to tease me,
I see it here and living on the town.

Even the one's who are worse you wear,
Don't seem to cry, I guess they're unaware, 
Of the things that are bad, but they keep them together,
If I could trade all my friends I wouldn't think twice to sever.

Will someone come and just take me out,
Or put something worthwhile to say in my mouth,
I've even again tried to look up above,
But no one ever owns or substitutes your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment